This year I completed my first year at NIT Srinagar (J&k, India)
Our college has one of the scummiest infrastructure when compared with most NIT's (Institutes of National Importance) in the country. The very first day seniors told us to attend classes donned in formal garb (which otherwise is not compulsory as per college rules). In the initial days, there was some sense of apprehension of being ragged (somehow escaped it) by seniors. I reveled in not attending majority of the lectures while my parents were expecting me to work my ass off in studies. A month went by while every time I was loathing college authorities and now it was the time of minor examinations. I was quite sure that I would flunk in exams. Week before exams, it started raining cats and dogs and all of a sudden whole city (our college too) was inundated with water. Inevitably, exams were called off and I escaped by a fluke.
(photo: college inundated with water)
A swashbuckling experience (not for all) for us was a precarious situation for our family members back home. Our repeated reassurances did not lessen their concern for us. Somehow we were fled safely to our homes by Indian Air Force.
Our college was off for nearly a month. The teachers covered up whole semester in a month and showed a lot of leniancy while correcting answer books due to which I got decent marks, rather above average I'd say.
Then came the much anticipated winter break. Literally, I just ate, slept and repeated the same for nearly three months.
Everything was same in next semester except the flood and the fact that our mathematics teacher did not allow me to appear for the minor exam on account of shortage in attendance.
This semester, I along with my friends went for a road trip to Gulmarg on rented bikes(tourist spot 60 kms from our college). We witnessed the most beautiful arrangement of sun,clouds, snow and mountains that Srinagar had to offer. Damn that was pretty.
Somehow, I managed to clear all subjects in second semester too. (Courtesy : one night stands with books)
In no time, first year came to an end.

No comments:
Post a Comment